The brand name of the drug
Duratia 60 mg s a medicine produced through Fortune Healthcare India which is sold through Priligy USA.
It is a Schedule H drug, meaning that a prescription is required for the purchase of the medication.
Duratia has a salt known as Dapoxetine which can be used for treating premature ejaculation in males aged 18 to 64.
The active ingredient in Duratia is Dapoxetine which is found in the amount of 60 mg.
The Duratia dosage of 60 mg (Dapoxetine) is classified within the category of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors that have proved effective in a large number of male patients who suffer from premature ejaculation.
Duratia 60 mg is taken orally and are available in a pack of 10 tablets per. A box of 60 tablets costs about $ 57 in the USA. It’s readily available at pharmacies online.
About the salts that are in this drug
Dapoxetine is, as we mentioned previously, a medicine designed to treat the issue of premature ejaculation in males aged between 18 and 64.
It was initially developed by a firm called Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals, which later sold it to Johnson & Johnson.
Dapoxetine can be described as one of the SSRIs (selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors) that were initially designed to treat depression and remain a drug commonly used for this.
Dapoxetine is used in treating premature ejaculation too. It raises the levels of serotonin within the brain, improving the control over ejaculation as well as improving sexual activity.
The drug’s working
General discussion about the medications that are in SSRI (Selective serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors) These are prescribed to combat depression and are the treatment that is most commonly prescribed for this.
Serotonin is a chemical that is found in the brain. Its levels are essential to ensure the functioning of the body.
Low levels of serotonin can be the cause of depression and, more importantly, early ejaculation among men.
Dapoxetine is an SSRI is a drug that blocks its breakdown as well as the reuptake process of serotonin through binding to receptors that reabsorb serotonin.
This helps decrease their levels inside the brain. Because of this, the amount of serotonin within the body increase and it binds to receptors known as 5-HT receptors.
The increased binding of serotonin to its receptors leads to a delay in Ejaculation for men.
Dapoxetine is taken for 1.01 hours and 1.27 hours to achieve its maximum effects. for dosages of 30mg and 60. In the case of high-fat foods and high-fat meals, the time required to reach maximum effects increases up to 1.83 hours.
Dapoxetine received a ‘not-approvable letter from USFDA and has not been allowed to sell on the market in the USA and is still in clinical trials at stage 3.
It was cleared for use in Sweden, Finland, Austria, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, South Korea, and New Zealand in 2009 and 2010. It has been accepted in Australia but has still to be released.
The onset of action:
The effect of the medicine can be observed within 1-3 hours of administration. Duration of action: Medicine exerts its effect for 1-2 hours.
Medical usage of the medication
Premature ejaculation is a very common male sexual issue that means that a man is climaxing earlier than he would like.
In layman’s terms, it’s described as ‘coming too fast. It could be either biological or physiological.
It could be primary, meaning that the person has experienced this issue from the beginning, or it may be secondary meaning it was diagnosed during the latter part of life and that the individual was able to enjoy sexual pleasure without having premature ejaculation.
While it’s not approved for usage in the USA however it is still legally used in the United States.
Antidepressant – Since it is part of the family known as Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors which are the drugs of choice for people suffering from depression and anxiety, Dapoxetine is also utilized as an antidepressant.
- Lightheadedness and dizziness.
- Nervousness and confusion
- Excessive sweating
- Lower the amount of libido
- Vision blurred
- “Ringing” or buzzing the ear
- A rapid or irregular heartbeat (severe)
- An increase in blood pressure
- Excessive tiredness
- Dry mouth
If you experience extreme side effects, consult your doctor right away and stop taking the medicine until you get further instructions from your physician.
This is not a complete list of adverse effects but includes those side effects that are being observed at the present moment.
One may experience no other side effects from the use of the drug. In the event of such an experience, you should contact your doctor as quickly as you can.
How do I make use of Duratia 60 mg?
The first thing to note is that it isn’t accepted in the USA therefore, consuming or purchasing this drug within the USA is unlawful.
In other countries where it is approved and regulated, it is a prescription drug, which means that it is only sold without a valid prescription from a physician.
Self-medication must be avoided at all costs and you must follow the directions in the prescription to ensure secure and efficient outcomes. To get the best outcomes, it should be taken one hour prior to the scheduled sex.
It is taken by drinking the aid of a large glass of water with or without eating.
To get the best results, avoid eating large meals when taking the medication because it can increase the amount of time it takes for the drug to reach the maximum effects.
In the event of a missed dose: Because the medication is taken on the basis of when and how, i.e 1 hour before sexual activity, you are less likely that you miss a dose of Duratia however if you miss a dose then don’t take the medication again.
In the event of an overdose: A high dose can cause severe adverse side effects as which are described above.
If any of the symptoms are present, you should immediately contact or see your physician.
The drugs that are known to interact
The use of Duratia 60 mg is not recommended in conjunction with any of the following medications.
- Erythromycin (moderate)
- Fluconazole (moderate)
- Ketoconazole (severe)
- Lithium (severe)
- Tramadol (severe)
- Warfarin (minor)
- Ritonavir (severe)
- Verapamil (moderate)
How to stay clear of taking the medication
- Allergies – This medication is not advised to patients who are allergic to Dapoxetine or other ingredients that are present in it.
- Heart failure medication is not suggested for patients with a history of heart problems due to the deterioration of the patient’s health.
“Heart rhythm problems” This could increase the risk for patients.
- Bipolar disorder – This medication is not suitable for patients who have a history of mania or severe depression (bipolar disorder).
- Loss of consciousness – This medication is not recommended for patients with frequently lose consciousness or muscles strength.
- Kidney Disease This medication increases the chance of failure in the kidney.
- Liver disease
- Monoamine oxide inhibitors (MAOI) This medication is not recommended for any other medication belonging to the Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOI) category. Dapoxetine may be taken within 14 days after discontinuing treatment with MAOI medications. The same is true for MAOI medicines. is able to be taken within 7 days of ceasing the treatment with Dapoxetine.
- Thioridazine Dapoxetine can be taken within 14 days of stopping treatment with the thioridazine. In the same way, thioridazine may be taken seven days after discontinuing the use of Dapoxetine.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are available. Dapoxetine can be used after 14 days after stopping the treatment using an SSRI medication. In the same way as an SSRI, medicine is able to be taken seven days after stopping the treatment with Dapoxetine.
- The strongest CYP3A4 inhibitors Dapoxetine should not be used within 14 days of stopping treatment with these medications. Similar to a potent CYP3A4 inhibitor can be taken seven days after discontinuing the use of Dapoxetine.
Things to avoid while taking the drug
Other than the drugs mentioned above, consumption of alcohol should be avoided when using the drug Duratia 90 mg as it can cause more dizziness.
Information about general information as well as safety precautions
- Alcohol – Drinking alcohol is not advised with Duratia 60mg since it may cause dizziness.
- It is not recommended to drive when driving, as it could cause headache and dizziness, which could cause accidents
- Pregnancy-related – The medication is not recommended for women.
Lactation – The medication is not advised for use for women.
Duratia 60 mg should be kept at temperatures below 360C.
Can women use this medicine?
No, this medication is not recommended for use in women.
How much time does the medicine take to show its effect?
It takes approximately 1-3 hours for this medication to begin to show the effects
Can I purchase this medicine Without a prescription?
No, you can’t purchase this medication without a prescription, and it is not advised to purchase it to ensure your safety.